Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

E-Sword - Free Bible Study Software

For those of you that are looking for a piece of software to use for Bible study but are short on cash, I believe I have found your solution. Go over to www.e-sword.net and check this out. I've been using this package for several years now and find it an invaluable resource for gaining a better understanding of the Word of God.

The basic install comes with the KJV plus Strongs numbers and definitions. Also available for download are several commentaries such as Matthew Henry's, Darby, and Barnes to name a few. It also has a place to type in study notes as you are researching a particular idea, and a custom topic note keeper that allows you to create a topic and track notes for that as well.

Search capabilities are standard allowing you to look for a specific phrase, one word, any combination of a set of words, and also allows you to exclude a phrase to keep from getting verses that you know you don't need in the results.

All in all, this is a great package that I am not sure I could do without at this point. Go download it, try it out, and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment